Friday, September 23, 2011

Screen shot 2011-09-21 at 1.10.05 PM.png

On the left is an 18-year-old girl named Mary Lorang; on the right, a baseball player named Carmen Fanzone.

These two people, who never knew each other, helped bring some closure to Permanent Record -- at least for me. Their stories are told in the series' final article, which is up now on Slate.

My thanks to everyone who's offered feedback on the project. Many of you have asked what will happen now that the Slate articles have been published. For now, I plan to keep updating this blog periodically, and it's possible that the project may continue in another medium -- stay tuned.

+ + + + +

I discussed Permanent Record yesterday on Minnesota Public radio. You can listen to the segment here.

1 comment:

  1. Paul, I only discovered this project Wednesday, but I have read all you have written about MTS and want to hear more!

    This is a collection worthy of professional archival, and I hope that you can find an appropriate home for your collection in the future. After reading about author disputes with the NYPL (Paul Brodeur) I fear that finding a home for records is not always easy.

    So keep blogging and sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete